Last Wednesday, Nokia finally launched the Nokia N9 in the Philippines. Touted as the last Meego phone of Nokia, the N9 will be available through Smart Communications. The phone will also be available via Nokia Stores nationwide if you want a Network unlocked device. The suggested retail price of the 16gb is PhP24,990 and the 64gb is PhP29,940.
We recently blogged about the Nokia N9 last week and last July when we got the chance to try it. Take a look at our posts below:
- Nokia N9 is Now Up for Pre-order in the Philippines at Smart (November 2011)
- Nokia N9 in the Flesh, First Impressions (July 2011)
Just a couple of rundowns about this phone:
1. It’s running on Meego, an open-source OS based on Moblin and Maemo. Remember the Nokia N900? Its stock operating system is Maemo 5. The Nokia N9 is technically running on Maemo 6 Harmattan or now known as Meego Instance.
2. Its overall look is similar to the recently announce Nokia 800, a mobile phone running on Windows Phone 7 Mango. This device, the Nokia N9, however is superior on size, camera, connectivity (as it comes with NFC) and storage.
3. It’s just 2 of the Meego phones launched by Nokia. The Nokia N950, also running on Meego, was launch exclusive for developers in preparation for the Nokia N9. The Nokia N9, eventually, was eventually made available in September 2011.
4. The screen is made of Gorilla Glass, “an alkali-aluminosilicate thin sheet glass engineered specifically to be thinner, lighter and more damage-resistant for portable electronic devices with screens, such as mobile phones, portable media players, and laptop displays.” (Translation: It’s awesomely made and really really durable.)
5. Its screen is AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors. Yes you can play Angry Birds on this phone.
- Networks: Pentaband WCDMA 850, 900, 1900, 1700, 2100, Quad band GSM/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- Speed: HSDPA Cat10: 14.4Mbps, HSUPA: Cat6 5.76Mbps
- Display: 3.9” WVGA (854×480) AMOLED display with curved Gorilla glassTM, no air gap, anti-glare polarizer
- OS: MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan
- Memory: 1024MB RAM, 16GB/64GB storage
- Camera: 8Mpix auto-focus Carl Zeiss, wide-angle lens, 2x LED flash, Video capturing MPEG-4 SP 720p @ 30fps, 2nd camera for video calls
- Size / Weight: 116.45 mm x 61.2 mm x 7.6–12.1 mm(LxWxT)/76cm3 /135g
- Connectivity: BT 2.1, GPS, A-GPS, WLAN 802.11abgn, NFC, 3.5mm AV connector, micro USB connector, USB charging
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A8 OMAP3630 1 Ghz, PowerVR SGX530
- Audio: MP3 player, Audio jack: 3.5mm, Supported codecs: mp3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, FLAC.
- Battery: 1450 mAh
For Press Release, go to this link.