Are you thinking of converting your car, your bag or your pants (yeah… pants) as a mobile internet connectivity and wireless file sharing solution across devices? If your answer is yes then you’ve got to get D-Link’s DIR-506L Pocket Cloud Router.
Measuring only 10.29cm by 7.98cm in size, this cloud router is packed with lots of awesome features. You can use it as wireless file-sharing and private wireless network solution, router, portable hotspot or repeater.
Mr Christopher Neo, Sales Director, D-Link International Pte Ltd commented, “Tiny and versatile, the Pocket Cloud Router gives users the functionality of a router/ access point/ wireless repeater/ Wi-Fi Hotspot and network storage drive, all from a compact device which fits in your pocket. With the rechargeable battery and mini-USB power option, users will not even need a power outlet – serving as the perfect companion for anyone on the road.”
The Pocket Cloud Router offers a range of features in an affordable, compact device:
- Multiple operating modes:
- Router: Share your broadband Internet connection wirelessly
- AP: Create a private wireless network
- Wi-Fi Hot Spot: Share Internet access from a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Repeater Mode: Extend the range of an existing wireless network
- 10/100 Ethernet port
- USB Port to view and synchronize videos, music, photos, and more from a connected USB storage device to any iOS or Android tablet, smartphone, or computer using SharePort™ Mobile and SharePort™ Web File Access
- Free SharePort™ Mobile iOS and Android apps for tablets and smartphones
- Li-ion Rechargeable battery
- DLNA Media Server
We are still waiting for D-Link’s official reply if USB broadband modems (Globe Tatto, Smart Bro) can inserted on this device and eventually share internet on the go. According to D-Link, the USB slot for now is mainly for sharing of Data and not to support 3G WAN connection.
Price was not yet disclosed by D-Link but we’re assuming that this may fall between PhP2,500 to PhP3,750. This will be available this month – August 2012.