MMDA has recently announced that NCR is on RED ALERT. There have been multiple verified reports as well that the following areas are already flooded due to harsh weather: National Capital Region, Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal and Bulacan.
At 1:45 P.M. today, it was also reported that Metro Manila was jolted with a 5.3 quake. Clearly, these are clear manifestations of crisis; and at this point it’s imperative for all of us to be ready and “armed” with the necessary stuff for survival.
We kept a list we gathered from Social media that would somehow help you:
- Cellphone with FULL BATTERY: You need to have this with a lot of battery juice! Go charge it now while you can! In this case, it is irrelevant if it’s an Android phone, an iPhone, a Nokia or whatever. What matters most now is that it functions as a phone and it can last a day or two.
- 3-in-1 Charging Kit with Backup Battery by Euroo. Yeah, call this product plugging but we found this gadget very useful! This is indeed the only charger you need! Popular gadgets from Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, etc are compatible on this device. Unfortunately, this cannot charge your iPad.
- List of Emergency Numbers:
- Lots and lots of dry clothes to keep you warm. You can even use them to save yourself when flash flood is imminent.
- Jugs filled with water to avoid dehydration. Food is okay but we can all survive for more than 5 days with potable water alone. You don’t want to drink flood water, right?
- List of Advance Command Centers in your area:
- Boots and Jacket: Don’t you dare “swim” and submerge yourself on flood water unless you really want to be contaminated with leptospirosis. And please keep warm by wearing a non-cotton jacket. Cotton-jacket will just make you heavier since it can easily get soaked with water. It can also protect you from other hazards like mosquito bites.