It was last 1999 when I first used an Alcatel phone. I was in third year high school then. I forgot the phone model but it was an orange bulky safeguard-soap-shape like phone, probably one of the largest phones at that time. But of course that is already one of the high end phones during then and only a few have GSM phones. And now, I am using an Alcatel phone but this time I am using the thinnest smartphone in the market—the Alcatel One Touch Idol ULTRA 6033. Let’s take a look at this new phone from ALCATEL.
After being out of the mainstream in the past few years, Alcatel made a big come back with their Alcatel One Touch Series phones. I am really excited to try it and to see for myself what Alcatel is really up to right now.
The box is made of hard paper with a smooth finish. The phone is displayed side view on a background with the phone Model written on the upper part of the box. You will see the specs and other information at the back. I couldn’t understand some of the details as the language is in French. Trust that the language on retail units being sold in the Philippines is in English. In my case, I had to download the English version of the manual.
The box contains the following:
- Alcatel One Touch Idol ULTRA 6033
- Micro USB cable
- Micro USB to 3.5 jack headset adaptor
- Information Sheet
- Screen Guard
The Alcatel One Touch Idol Ultra has a very appealing appearance as well as the feel. It is said to be the thinnest smart phone in the market right now.
Alcatel One Touch Idol ULTRA 6033 has 4.7” HD Display (1280 x 720 pixels, Capacitive touch), 13.3GB internal memory, 1GB of RAM, 1.2 Ghz Dual Core Processor. The phone has a unibody design and the battery is not removable. I compared it to my other phones and it is indeed very thin.
- Specifications: 134.4 x 68.5 x 6.45mm
- Display: 4.7” HD 720p (720 x 1280 pixels)AMOLED displayCorning GlassOleophobic coating
- Camera: 8 Mpxl camera autofocus with LED flashSub-camera HD 720p, 1.3MpxlHD video 720p recording and playback front and back
- Mobile Features: Android Jelly Bean 4.1Dual-Core, 1.2 GHz CPUGSM Quadband (850/900/1800/1900)Micro SIM, EAPUMTS 900/2100 and 850/1900, 850/21003G data up to 7.2Mbps DL and 5.76Mbps ULWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/nGPS with AGPS; Bluetooth 4.0 A2DP; Internal memory: standard 16GB EMMC + 1GB RAM; (8GB/32GB EMMC + 1GB RAM depending on the market); End user memory 13.3GB (single SIM version); SplashProof coating technology by P2i
- Battery: Battery 1800 mAhTalk time: 12h(2G) / 7h(3G)Standby time: 400h(2G) / 400h(3G)
- In Pack: Slim charger head and Micro USB cableIn ear 3.5jack stereo headset3.5 mm jack to micro USB adaptor
The Alcatel One Touch Idol Ultra is a lot different from what we used to know about Alcatel phones. Being a smartphone, the speed and functionality is very interesting. It also has built in apps like Facebook, Twitter, Office Suite, Evernote, Linkedin, and PicSay. It even has a one-year subscription of AVG Mobile AntiVirus for Android. These apps make the phone suitable both in social and business. It has One Touch Manager which makes Files and Data Transfer easier using the USB cable or Wifi connection. It also supports wifi tethering.
Alcatel One Touch Idol Ultra is available for Php14,990. You can also visit Sun Shops and this is free at Sun Plan 999. It also appeared several times in Iron Man 3 as it is dubbed as the movie’s official mobile phone.
— Sun Cellular (@suncelldeals) April 23, 2013
— GadgetPilipinas.net (@gadgetpilipinas) April 24, 2013