Last August 23, Blackberry launched the Blackberry Q5 smartphone. The said smartphone is set to bring the snappy and intuitive controls and software features of Blackberry 10 OS to students, young executives and parents looking to be more engaged to their family.
Priced PhP18,690, Q5 is currently the most affordable Blackberry 10 device launched in the Philippines. Like its more premium variant, Q10, the Q5 features the equally stunning QWERTY keyboard re-engineered for optimized typing, 3.1″ touchscreen and classic yet youthful overall design. It also offers a powerful and unique mobile computing experience with BB OS10 functionality like Hub, Screen Share, Time Shift and Story Maker.
— GadgetPilipinas.net (@gadgetpilipinas) August 23, 2013
Kristian Salvo, Blackberry Country Head in the Philippines said that they are excited to bring the new smartphone to the Philippines and bring great customer experience through the power of Blackberry 10. He also said that the company has been continuously reinventing its company structure and constantly innovating the Blackberry software ecosystem.
During the event, Kristian also announced BEC (Blackberry Expert Center) which aim to deliver fast service and onsite repairs whenever possible, so that customers can retain their existing BlackBerry devices. This service was later officially rolled out last September 2, 2013.
Blackberry Expert Center
The new BlackBerry Expert Centers are situated at the following key locations in Manila, Cebu, and Davao:
- 2111 JAKA Center, Don Chino Roces Avenue cor. Urban Avenue Makati City
- Tel: (02) 511-1712
- Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 7:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am to 12:00pm
- 2F Robinsons Cybergate Cebu, Don Gil Garcia St. Capitol Site, Cebu City
- Tel: (032) 236-3577
- Monday to Sunday: 10:00am to 9:00pm
- LA 321, 3rd level, NCCC Mall Mc. Arthur Hi-Way cor. Ma-a Road, Matina Davao City
- Tel: (082) 285-3688
- Monday to Thursday: 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Friday to Sunday: 9:00am to 9:00pm