Following the success of Mi3 and Redmi 1S sales in the Philippines thru Lazada, Xiaomi has recently announced that their 64-bit powered device will finally debut in the Philippines on April 28.
The device is priced at PhP5,999; and it comes in two colors – white and dark gray. In case you want to be familiar with its specifications, Redmi 2 is powered by a quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor, and supported with an Adreno 306 GPU and 1GB RAM. In terms of storage, Redmi 2 has an 8gb internal drive, which may be expanded to additional 32gb via its micro SD slot. If you’re lost in translation, everything above just means that Redmi 2 is a powerful device, capable of running your favorite games and apps.
What is actually surprising about the Redmi 2 is its 4G dual SIM with dual standby capability. Redmi 2, in this regard, is the most affordable device with such feature. Even local brands with such feature would cost you around PhP9,000 to PhP14,000.
Another notable feature of the Redmi 2 is its 4.7″ fully laminated IPS HD display. PPI is pretty dense at 312, and even features color-temperature adjustments, which ensures vivid and clear display output even at direct sunlight. Neat!
If you’re into mobile photography, you’ll be happy to know that this phone has a very sharp and clear 8-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, and a 2-megapixel front camera capable of 720p video recording. It also has a cool feature of identifying and guessing the age of the selfie-subject, and meticulously apply filters accordingly from its pool of 36 filters.
And last but not the least, Redmi 2 comes with MIUI 6 installed. The latter is a special software and user interface, which sit on top of Android operation system.
Redmi 2 Full Specs:
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat, MIUI 6 launcher
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor, Adreno 306 GPU
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, microSD expandable up to 32GB
- Display: 4.7-inch HD display, 1280×720 resolution, 312 ppi, AGC Dragontrail Glass
- Camera: 8-megapixel rear camera w/ AF, BSI, and LED flash, f/2.2; 2-megapixel front-facing camera w/ BSI and 720p video recording
- Connectivity: 4G LTE; WiFi, WiFi hotspot; Bluetooth 4.0; GPS w/ A-GPS; microUSB 2.0, USB OTG
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Battery: 220mAh Li-ion battery, removable
- Dimensions: 9.4mm thin, 133 g