Moto X wasn’t the only device launched last July 15 because Motorola’s best selling 2nd Gen Moto G and Moto E will also be available later this month.
Moto G: Exceptional Phone, Exceptional Price
Moto G is like a minituarized and scaled-down version of the Moto X. It has a 5″ HD IPS LCD display (compared to Moto X that has 5.2″ display). Obviously, pixel density is lower and resolution are lower on the Moto G if we pit it against the Moto X,. If you like playing games, it’s good to note that Moto G has a quad-core 1.2Ghz Snapdragon processor supported by a 1gb RAM and Adreno 305.
While it’s a lot more affordable compared to Moto X, the 2nd gen Moto G features dual front stereo speakers, which the former doesn’t have. Moto X has 2 mono speakers “sandwiching” the screen, not stereo speakers.
Moto G is also packed with propritary software features that sit on top of vanilla/stock Lollipop. Motorala Alert (a minimalist take on providing alert to users), Motorola Assist (enables or disables certain modes depending on various scenarious, at the control of the end-user), and Motorola Upgrade (allows easy transfer of data from old phone to a new phone).
Moto G Specs:
- Android 4.4.4 “KitKat” (Upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU
- Adreno 305
- 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16 GB storage, microSD card slot; expandable up to 32 GB
- 2390 mAh Li-ion (4G version)
- 5.0 in (130 mm) 1280×720 px (294 ppi) HD
- Gorilla Glass 3
- 8 megapixels (3264×2448 px), autofocus, LED flash
- 2.0 megapixels (720p) HD video recording @ 30 fps
- Two Speakers: front-facing, two microphones
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, BT 4.0LE, USB centered at bottom, 3.5 mm headset jack
Moto E – Etong sa’yo!
This is Motorola’s answer to the ever-growing demand for affordable smartphones. Priced at PhP6,999, Moto E is a total powerhouse with its 1.2Ghz Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor and 1gb of RAM. In most respects, the Moto E is like a stepped up version of the 1st Gen Moto G, with upgraded battery and LTE connectivity. It’s totally a great deal for PhP6,999, which I think could shaken the smartphone competition with local sellers a bit.
Moto E Specs:
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat (Upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop)
- 1.2 Ghz Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 4.5-inch IPS qHD display (540 x 960 resolution, 245 PPI) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 coating
- 8 GB internal storage (expandable up to 32gb)
- Dual SIM
- LTE capable
- Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- 2390mAh battery
What do you think about this, guys? Will you be getting in line one these devices become available at our local shops soons?