Finally, the little brother of Mi 4 will be available in the Philippines this month. Smartphone company, Xiaomi, recently launched its latest flagship device, the Mi 4i. The announcement was made during the official launch event held at Yardstick, Makati. The event was attended by members of traditional and online media.
Mi 4i is known for its sharp 5-inch Full HD Sharp/JDI display. It boasts 441 PPI and Sunlight Display technology that dynamically changes the contrast of pixel so you can enjoy looking at your images even under direct sunlight. Apart from these features, Mi 4i is made up of parts from various reputable suppliers such as Qualcomm (for processor), Samsung and Sony (for camera) and Corning (for screen protection).
You can check full description of its features on this link. We’ve also listed down its full specifications and price below for easy reference:
Xiaomi Mi 4i Full Specs:
- OS: Android 5 Lollipop, MIUI 6
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615, Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (not expandable)
- Display: 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 441 ppi, 71.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Camera: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash; 5mp front-facing camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE; WiFi, WiFi hotspot; Bluetooth 4.0; GPS w/ A-GPS; microUSB 2.0, USB OTG
- SIM: Dual SIM, Dual Standby, Dual 4G
- Battery: 3120mAh Li-ion battery, non-removable
- Php 9,799
When will this be available?
The phone will be available thru Smart Communications. A pre-order page will be up this July 24, and will likely be available on July 31. According to Steve Vickers, General Manager of Xiaomi Southeast Asia, “We are truly excited to partner exclusively with Smart to offer Mi 4i in the Philippines, as we introduce different ways to make it easier for Mi fans to get their hands on our products. We believe that users of Mi 4i will be able to enjoy an amazing experience with the fast and seamless connectivity nationwide on Smart’s expansive mobile network.”
Anyone who will purchase Mi 4i in non-telco retailers like Lazada (starting July 31) and official Xiaomi retailers (starting August 1) will receive free Smart prepaid SIM.
To pre-order or signify your interest, go to this link.
How much is it?
It’s Php 9,799; it is slightly expensive compared to its retail price in Indian (Rs12,999 or PhP9,300). Its net price, however, is still cheaper considering the tax and additional loading. It’s definitely a bargain.
Smart’s interest page doesn’t say anything about the choices of Plan, but I guess that it’ll be available on Plan 999. This makes the Mi 4i an alternative handset to the Samsung Galaxy A5 on the said plan.