Does your phone have a digital TV receiver? Well, if it doesn’t have one, then you probably don’t need to purchase a new phone with such feature because Cherry Mobile’s mobile accessories company, Pyxis, just launched the right device for you.
Here is the Pyxis DT-10 or the Pyxis Digital TV Receiver. It is probably the smallest Digital TV receiver we’ve seen, and it fits right inside your pocket. It is compatible with DVB-T and ISDB-T (1-Seg and Full-Seg) digital TV transmissions.
We unboxed our unit as soon as we got it earlier today and we really got surprised with what we can do with it. With this device, you won’t miss your favorite TV shows on the go and you don’t need to replace your current smartphone that runs on Android or IOS. Yes, you can pair it with either an Android Smartphone (Jellybean and up) or even an iPhone! The device has a 650mAh internal battery that can last for about 4 hours.
The contents of its retail box aren’t too many: the DT-100 receiver, microUSB cable, user manual and warranty card.
The device itself is way smaller than a TV remote control and a thumbsized toy. (We’ve got big thumbs, so don’t take that too seriously.) Here’s a photo of the device beside our Gundamn toy. Yep, that’s how small this receiver is. With a receiver this small, you can actually take this with you anywhere you want to watch and also record your favorite TV shows. Having this permanently inside your car can definitely be destressing from horrible Manila traffic.
How does this actually work? Since it’s a WiFi accessory, the device can be paired via WiFi. This means that if your device is connected to your smartphone, you will not be able to access mobile data.
We have included the full instruction below for your reference:
- Charge the Pyxis DT-100 fully before initial operation:
- Connect the charger to the Pyxis DT-100 and to any USB power supply. The red “Charge” LED turns on.
- When the Pyxis DT-100 is fully charged, the “Charge” LED turns off
- Download and install the free SianoTV application from the App Store or Google Play
- Operate the Pyxis DT-100:
- Fully extend the antenna
- Position the Pyxis DT-100 outdoors or on a window ledge for maximum reception
- Turn on the Pyxis DT-100 using the ON/OFF switch. The blue “ON” LED flashes and then stabilizes.
- Set up the WiFi connectivity on your mobile device’s settings/connectivity manager
- Use your mobile device at a maximum of 7 meters distance from the Pyxis DT-100
- Go to the Network Manager on your mobile phone or tablet and search for the “Pyxis DT-100” network
- Enter the password – 12345
- Activate the “SianoTV” application
- For initial use only, channels must be scanned; go to SianoTV > Select Settings > Choose your location >
Scan Channels (If you can’t find ‘Philippines’, Select ‘Singapore’ or ‘Japan’)
- Once the channel scan is complete, press DONE
- Select “Live TV”, press and watch TV channels. To switch from one channel to another, swipe fingertips
over the screen either right or left
You’ll be surprised how this device costs! This one costs PhP2,499 a pop and may be bought at select Cherry Mobile outlets nationwide.
- Recommended for Metro Manila use
- 177.5 – 226.5MHz (VHF)
- 474 – 858MHz (UHF)
- Modulation Schemes 16, 64QAM, QPSK
- Bandwidths 6, 7, 8MHz
- Video Format: MPEG2 MP & ML / H.264
- Audio Format: MPEG2 Audio Layer I & II / AAC
- 5% to 95% non-condensing
- 650mAh battery
- Price: PhP2,499