You may have probably heard that Smart Communications recently made the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus available via Uber and Smart Stores nationwide. Based on the posts we have seen on Smart’s Viber account, their efforts to bring the new iPhones closer to new and recontracting subscribers are working really well.
Breaking away from tradition
Whenever there’s a new iPhone, Smart and even Globe usually hold launch parties. This year is rather different for Smart as they redirected all their efforts to make the new iPhones delivered conveniently to new subscribers and made available to more people. Here are some of the gimmicks that Smart did during the midnight launch of the new iPhones:
- The first iPhone 6s subscriber of Smart got treated by having her new phone delivered by Jasmin Curtis-Smith.
- Kiefer Ravena delivered an iPhone 6s to a subscriber based in Northern Manila
- Uber’s partnership during the launch date received rave and positive reviews. I wonder though how many purchased new rose gold iPhones via Uber.
- People are still ordering the rose gold iPhone 6s via Uber until 4am.
At 8:50am last November 6, people started lining up at Smart Tower to check out and avail the new iPhones. Heck, even Startroopers weren’t able to stop themselves on buying the new iPhone 6s.
Everyone deserves an iPhone 6s for Smart
What’s interesting about this is the fact that there is enough iPhones at Smart Stores. They even have an easel board that displays remaining units per store for the day. A friend of mine checked on some Globe Stores (and even called their customer service) how he can avail one. He was told that they are prioritizing those who reserved online and via call. According to Globe’s CSR, he needs to wait for 3-4 days to know if there’s one available for him.
The big and small differences
The offering of both networks are good – to be honest – but Smart’s offer gives more value for money because of the following:
- Smart’s All-month surf extends beyond December 31, 2015. You are free to surf for 10gb a month during the whole duration of the contract.
- Additional Data inclusion gives access to more websites and apps.
- Globe’s iPhone 6s plan, however, is cheaper by PhP24.00 if we compare its Plan 1799 (locked to 24 months) to Smart’s Plan 2000 (locked to 24 months). Smart’s Data inclusion, perks and freebies are A LOT, which outweigh the PhP24 difference. You may also opt to avail the iPhone 6s for free at Smart for PhP2000 on 30-month contract.
Globe has one advantage that Globe subscribers can really be happy about – unlimited call to Globe and TM, and Unlimited text to all networks.