Our friends from MyKronoz sent us a two units of ZeCircle, an ultra-thin aluminum connected device that’s pretty much worthy to be called a smartwatch as it can do more than just tell time.
The smartwatch is capable of tracking steps, distance, burned calories and even sleep quality. Its display is pretty basic however. Although it only has 64 x 32 pixel OLED touch screen, the device can surprisingly maximize it by being able to browse thru its features by simply tapping its screen. I’m sometimes wondering if its screen is indeed touchscreen or just simply “tap-sensitive”. Nevertheless, I’m surprised that it works flawlessly each time I tap or touch its screen.
If you want to check out and see the contents of its retail box, you can go ahead and watch our unboxing video above this post. You may also watch the video via this Youtube link. While you’re at it, you might also want to subscribe to our page so you’ll be among the first ones to see our latest video contents.
The watch reminds me of Misfit Shine in many aspects. What makes it different, however, is its 64 x 32 monochromatic OLED display, which shows your goal progression and even time. Its amazing how such small screen can show a plethora of data based on your activities
The watchface and its frame are removable (again, just like the Misfit Shine), and may be put in other ZeCircle bands. Unfortunately, MyKronoz isn’t selling any bands separately but I thought that it could have been an opportunity for the company to upsell.
The smartwatch is IP67-certified, which means that it’s completely dust-proof and can be submerged underwater up to 1 meter depth for 30 minutes. I haven’t tested this yet myself but that’s something that we’ll try to cover when we publish our review.
Charging took an hour and a half, and I have – so far – was able to use the device for 2 days already with 1 more bar left. It came along with a charging dock with 5-pins. It’s good, but I find it cumbersome to always carry around a charging dock – albeit small – wherever I go.
Setting and pairing up the smartwatch, honestly, was quite a hurdle. It didn’t pair on my Zuk Z1 and ASUS Zenfone 2, but it eventually paired successfully with my iPhone 6s after several tries. The trouble was on the touch panel just below the OLED screen. It, for some weird reason, failed to register my touch input so I wasn’t able to proceed to the setup process.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Like the FB Page of MyKronozPH
- Like the FB Page of Gadget Pilipinas
- Tweet this contest
- Answer the question on our YouTube comments section on this page – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXi0rg0mnIo): What feature do you want to see on MyKronoz ZeCircle?
- You may join the contest everyday to increase your chances of winning.
- You can only join once a day and also win once.
- This contest will run today December 27, 2015 (12am) to January 9, 2016 (12am).
- Announcement of winners will be on January 10, 2016 at 12pm.
- Winners will be contacted via FB, Twitter and email
- This contest is open to anyone based in the Philippines.
- Prize is not convertible to cash.
- We will require the winner to submit a scanned copy of 1 government issued ID for security purposes.