If you’re using an ASUS Zenfone 3 5.2-inch or 5.5-inch variant, we have some good news for you, as the tech giant has started rolling out the much anticipated Android 7.0 Nougat update!
The auto-push might take about a week to complete, so if you haven’t received a notification by now, you can go to Settings > About > System Update to manually check.
But wait! before you start your update, please take note of the following:
- Ensure that your device has at least 1.5GB of free internal storage space.
- Once the update is available, it should automatically appear on your status bar. You can tap on the notification to start the update.
- Once the download has been completed, a pop-up window for installing the update will appear. Tap Install to continue.
- The device will restart itself twice during the update process. Do not turn off the device until the home screen is displayed.
Here are the release notes for the update:
- Added Bundled Notifications Switch (Setting > Notification > Configure Notifications) – Multiple notifications from a single app can now be bundled into a group. It can then be expanded to display individual messages.
- Improved Touch Performance.
- Enabled FET VoLTE and VoWiFi.
- Removed Share Link App due to incompatibility with Nougat – To share files across LAN, you can opt to use the ASUS File Manager’s Netork Place and Wireless Transfer function. You can also use the ZenLink app for sharing files to a Windows 10 PC or another Android device via a WiFi Hotspot.
- Removed redundant app shortcuts from the all apps menu (Audio Wizard, Splendid, System Update, Flashlight)
- To enable Audio Wizard, go to System settings > Sound & Vibration > Audio Wizard or Quick settings > Add Audio wizard tile.
- To enable Splendid, go to System settings > Display > Splendid
- To check for system updates, go to System settings > System update
- To turn on Flashlight, go to Quick settings > Flashlight
- Removed “Tap and hold to show menu” option from Settings > ASUS customized settings > Recent apps key, and added “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” option.
- Quick Settings now support multiple pages. Swipe left or right to see additional items if you have more than 12. You can add/remove items by tapping the Edit button on the upper right corner.
- Volume bar has now been split into Ringtone and Notification.
- Removed Shake Shake option from ZenMotion.
- Some live wallpapers that are not compatible with Android Nougat will be removed after the update.
- Doing a factory reset after upgrading from Marshmallow to Nougat will update the home workspace to the new layout.
To view the post about the update in ZenTalk, click here.