With the avalanche of new smartphones from just about every big name, MWC has once again showcased an exciting future for the mobile industry and how much technology is moving forward.
But out of all devices that were unveiled, the Sony Xperia XZ Premium stood out among the rest by combining premium design and build quality with powerful internals. It’s no wonder why it took the crown of the Best New Smartphone at MWC.
Sony’s new flagship has an impressive spec sheet to boot. It’s the first commercial device to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. It also has a stunning 4K display with HDR which produces 40% more brightness.
Over the years, Sony has proved itself as one of the experts in smartphone imaging, so it’s no surprise that the new flagship boasts yet another first, something they call Motion Eye Camera, which enables slow motion video recording at a whopping 960fps in HD quality.
All of these, combined with IP68 certification for water and dust resistance, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, USB Type-C, Quick Charge 3.0 support, Hi-Res Audio, and Android Nougat makes the XZ Premium such a tough contender.
Of course, we’ll have to see whether it’s as really as good as it looks on paper. But for now, a good job to Sony.
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core Processor
- 4GB of RAM, 64 GB of Internal Storage Expandable via MicroSD Card
- 5.5-inch 4K Triluminos Display with HDR, Gorilla Glass 5
- 19MP Motion Eye Rear Camera, 1/2.3″ Exmor RS, f/2.0, SteadyShot, Anti-Distortion shutter, Predictive Capture, 4K Video Recording, 720p at 960fps Slow Motion
- 13MP Front Camera, 1/3.06″ Exmor RS, f/2.4
- 1Gbps LTE
- USB Type-C
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 3,230mAh Battery
- Quick Charge 3.0, Qnovo Adaptive Charging
- Fingerprint Sensor (Market Dependent)
- High Resolution Audio
- IP68 Waterproofing
The Sony Xperia XZ Premium is expected to be launched in late spring.