I spent the last 4 days in Taiwan lugging around an ASUS GL552JX. It already takes about 37% of the total allowable carry on luggage weight; and carrying it while jumping from one booth to another can definitely trigger a painful back pain.
Last May 30, ASUS just pulled off an amazing feat by launching the slimmest gaming laptop powered by a 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor and the latest gaming laptop NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics. It is so amazing, a lot of media outlets are calling it as the best laptop announced this Computex 2017.
In close collaboration with NVIDIA, the ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501 is installed with an Active Aerodynamic System, which increases the speed and efficiency of airflow through the laptop. It is so thin, it is just 16.9mm when the screen is closed and just 17.9mm when it’s opened up. When the screen is up, a portion of the bottom of the chassis flexes to increase the airflow volume by 20% and increase air circulation.
This is an unprecedented move by a brand identified for gamers, and it simply just set a high watermark in respect to design and portability.
What’s even more interesting is that the CPU and GPU each have a dedicated blower, radiator and heatpipe. In its class, it could also be one of laptops with the lowest noise level at 40 decibels. For reference, the ASUS Zenbook Pro, which has a GTX 1050Ti/1050, registers 22-24 decibels noise level.
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus also projects ultra-smooth visuals as it features a 15.6″ G-Sync display with refresh rate up to 120Hz. As such refresh rate, it cuts input lag, which can be beneficial to gamers. The laptop can also output video to big-screen TVs via HDMI 2.0 port that can carry up to 4K signals at 60Hz.
There is no word yet from ASUS Philippines Team, but we believe that there is a high probability that it will come to the Philippines pretty soon. We are not coordinating with ASUS PH if there’s a chance that it will come to our country.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501 Specifications:
- Processor: (1) Intel Core i7-7700HQ
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1080
- Display: 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) wide-view panel with anti-glare; 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Memory: DDR4 2400MHz (up to 24GB)
- Storage: M.2 PCIe x4 256/512GB/1TB SSD
- Interfaces: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ with Thunderbolt™ 34 x USB 3.1; 1 x HDMI 2.0; 1 x 3.5mm headphone and mic combo jack
- Keyboard: ASUS Aura RGB backlit chiclet keyboard with 30-key rollover; 1.4mm key travel
- Camera: Built-in HD camera and array mic
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Battery: 4 Cells 50 Whrs Battery
- Dimensions: 37.9cm width; 26.2cm depth; 1.69cm height
- Weight 2.2kg (with battery)