The OnePlus 5 has just been announced, and it does pack one heck of a specsheet along with a number of new features.
Sporting a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display and at just 7.25mm thin, the OnePlus 5 is the company’s slimmest smartphone to date. But that doesn’t mean they compromised on the internals, as it’s powered by the world’s first ever 10nm mobile processor, the Snapdragon 835, along with up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM.
The device will be available with either 64GB or 128GB of UFS 2.1 Dual Lane Storage, which offers up to 50% faster read and write times. It also packs a 3,300mAh battery with Dash Charge capability, which is touted to run fast, cool, and smart.
Dual Cam is the trend these days, and the OnePlus 5 is no exception. There’s a 16MP main camera with a wide-angle lens and f/1.7 aperture for improved low-light shots and faster snaps, along with another 20MP camera with telephoto lens.
In terms of software, there’s the ever popular Portrait Mode, and of course, the professional mode which lets you tweak settings like ISO, White Balance, and Shutter Speed.
The OnePlus 5 runs on OxygenOS, and now comes with new features such as Reading Mode, which intelligently adjusts the screen’s color temperature when you’re reading a document, making pages look like the ones from an old book. There’s also Expanded Screenshots, which lets you capture a long page with just a few taps.
OnePlus also introduced a number of new accessories, such as a backpack, a bumper case, and Otterbox Cases.
The One Plus 5 comes in Midnight Black and Slate Gray colors, and has a starting price of
$479 in the US. It will be available in oneplus.net starting June 27.
OnePlus 5 Specs:
- 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core Processor
- 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED Display, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Rear Camera: 16MP, Sony IMX398, f/1.7, Wide-Angle, EIS + 20MP Sony IMX350, f2.6, PDAF
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0, EIS
- 3,300mAh, Dash Charge
- OxygenOS based on Android Nougat
- NFC, Dual SIM, LTE
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Hall, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, RGB Ambient Light, Electronic Compass, Sensor Hub