In a recent event, Epson Philippines awarded the top 5 students for its Gift of Brightness essay writing contest, which aims to encourage sharing of stories on how Epson products help in making learning more exciting and productive.
Each winner was awarded with an Epson Honor Roll Baon Package, while their respective schools received Epson inks and ribbons which can be used for previously donated Epson printers.
Gift of Brightness is an advocacy program by Epson Philippines launched in 2013, and aims to equip deserving schools who are in need of technology resources for their students, and at the same time, for students who need resources for their school requirements. Each of the beneficiary schools received Epson products and supplies such as printers, projectors, document cameras.
The essay writing contest was open to the 1st and 2nd batch of students from a total of 30 beneficiary schools, and was concluded before the end of school year 2016-2017.
The winning essays for the GoB contest are as follows:
- “Makabagong Teknolohiya” by Jesamel A. Gamit – Grade 6, San Jose Elementary School Pag-ibig sa Nayon Annex, Quezon City
- “Visualist” by Zean Clifford Gaut Dellera, Grade VI-Camia, San Joaquin Central School, San Joaquin Palo, Leyte
- “Uplifting the Youth to the 21st century” by Mariah Jen P. Lorenzo, Ninoy Aquino Elementary School
- “My Door for the 21st century” by Hailey Seloterio, Ninoy Aquino Elementary School
- “The Change Just Came” by Marinzki R. Victorio, Ninoy Aquino Elementary School
Epson Philippines has finished awarding a new set of 15 schools last March 2017, bringing the total of GoB beneficiaries to 45 schools. With the help of DepEd and other partners, Epson Philippines is already searching for the next batch.
“For this GoB Honor Roll essay-writing contest, we asked the students to write about how the Epson technology package helped them in their studies. We were truly inspired by the stories we received from them, motivating us to help more schools under this program.”
“We are focusing on selecting schools from areas that have yet to receive a similar donation, and we are working with partners from both the private and government sectors to help us complete this latest batch. We also plan to continue initiating projects like the Honor Roll Essay Writing, so we can inspire the students in their learning journey.” – Ms. Donna V. Ferro, Head of Marketing Communications and PR, Epson Philippines.