We’ve been reading a lot of rumors about it, and now it’s finally here. Nokia has just announced its newest flagship, the Nokia 8.
The Nokia 8 sports a 5.3-inch Quad HD display protected by Gorilla Glass 5, and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clocked at 1.8GHz along with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of built-in storage, and packs a 3090mAh battery.
As is the current trend, the Nokia 8 is also fitted with a dual camera setup composed of two 13MP sensors with ZEISS optics, one color and one monochrome. There’s also a 13MP front camera with PDAF. Both cameras are capable of 4K recording.
A feature named “Bothies” allows you to capture photos and videos with both the front and rear cameras at the same time and combine them into a single picture. You can also stream these contents as live videos to Facebook and YouTube.
Other features include surround sound recording thanks to its HDR microphones and Nokia’s Ozo algorithms, USB 3.1 Type-C connectivity, NFC, and an IP54 rating (splash proof).
The Nokia 8 runs on Android 7.1.1 out of the box with a planned update to Android O. Global availability is expected some time in September, with an SRP of 600 euros.
Nokia 8 Specs:
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core Processor
- 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB)
- Dual 13MP rear cameras with ZEISS Optics (RGB + Monochrome), f/2.0, PDAF, Laser AF
- 13MP front camera, f/2.0, PDAF, screen flash
- 4K video recording (Both front and rear cameras)
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dual/Single SIM, LTE
- USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3.090mAh battery (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Sensors: Ambient light, Proximity, Accelerometer, E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint, Hall