After so many rumors, leaks, and speculations, it’s finally here folks. Xiaomi has finally unveiled the Mi Mix 2, and it’s looking like a blockbuster hit.
The Mi Mix 2 features a 5.99-inch FullHD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. This translates to a smaller footprint than it’s predecessor, but with an improved screen to body ratio. The bottom bezel has also been reduced by 12%.
Of course, we can’t expect any less from what’s inside: A Snapdragon 835 along with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of built-in storage. Sadly, there’s no microSD card slot, but with that much storage? well, some will probably still need one.
Dual cams? strangely, no. The Mi Mix has a single 12MP rear camera, the same unit that you’ll find in the Xiaomi Mi 6. It also has 4-axis OIS and PDAF. This is complimented by a somewhat questionable 5MP camera at the front.
The Mi Mix 2 packs a 3400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, which is less than the first Mi Mix. It runs on MIUI 9 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specs:
- 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage
- 5.99-inch 18:9 Full HD+ display, 403ppi
- 12MP rear camera, Sony IMX386, PDAF, 4-axis OIS
- 5MP front camera
- USB Type-C interface
- Dual SIM, 4G/LTE
- MIUI 9 on top of Android Nougat
- 3400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Sensors: Fingeprint, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass, barometer
The standard Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 will only be available in black, while the ceramic unibody special edition will also be available in white. Pricing is as follows:
- 6GB + 64GB – around 420 Euros
- 6GB + 128GB – around 460 Euros
- 6GB + 256GB – around 510 Euros
- 8GB + 128GB (ceramic unibody special edition) – around 700 Euros