After the slew of teasers and rumors, Vivo’s newest smartphone has been unveiled earlier at an event in India. Meet the Vivo V7+ with a huge 5.99-inch 18:9 FullView Display.
The V7+ has a near bezel-less IPS display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels (HD), and is powered by a Snapdragon 450 processor clocked at 1.8GHz, which is touted to provide 25% better CPU performance and up to 30% more up time when gaming.
Honestly, I was expecting something in the line of the 625 or 660, but perhaps, it might be a design restriction, or it could also be more of keeping the price down. It now uses a triple slot tray, so you can use two SIM cards plus your microSD card.
There’s 4GB of RAM and 64GB of built-in storage that can be expanded using a microSD card. The V7+ runs on 3225mAh battery.
Of course, the V7+ stays true to Vivo’s new slogan, Camera and Music. There’s a 16MP main camera with Ultra HD mode, which involves capturing 4 photos and combining them into a single 64MP image. (I know, a lot of us were expecting dual cameras)
The front camera uses a 24MP sensor with selfie flash, also named as moonlight glow, a new version of Face Beauty, and of course, portrait mode. For superb audio quality, the device has also been fitted with an AK4376A Hi-Fi Audio chipset.
The Vivo V7+ runs on Vivo’s Funtouch OS on top of Android 7.1 Nougat, It’s an Amazon India exclusive (for now), with availability slated for September 15. It comes in Gold, Matte Black, and Rose Gold, with an SRP of around €286.
Vivo V7+ Specs:
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Octa-Core Processor
- 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB)
- 5.99-inch 18:9 IPS HD FullView Display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 16MP Rear Camera, Ultra HD Mode, PDAF, f/2.0
- 24MP Front Camera, Selfie Flash, Face Beauty 7.0, Portrait Mode, f/2.0
- AK4376A Hi-Fi Audio chipset
- Funtouch OS on top of Android 7.1 Nougat
- 3225mAh battery