Xiaomi’s announcements at yesterday’s event didn’t end with just smartphones, as it also unveiled its newest laptop with an ultra slim form factore, the Mi Notebook Pro.
The Mi Notebook sports a 15.6-inch display surrounded with slim bezels and is powered by an 8th-Gen Intel Core i7/i5 processor, along with up to 16GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD, and the new NVIDIA GeForce MX 150 GPU.
To put it into context, the MX150 is four times as powerful as the Intel HD Graphics 520. Of course, that doesn’t translate to being able to play AAA games maxed, but you should be able to play games like LoL and CS:GO at more than decent frame rates.
Don’t worry, Xiaomi didn’t forget about the ports. There’s 2 USB Type-C ports, 2 regular USB ports, a card reader, and a full-sized HDMI port in case you want to use it with an external monitor. It’s also equipped with a fingerprint reader.
The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro costs around $980, which is half the price of an entry level 15-inch MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, it’s only available in China (for now), but hopefully it hits other markets soon.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Specs:
- 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-8250U or 4.0GHz Intel Core i7-8550U Processor
- Up to 16GB of Dual Channel DDR4 RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce MX 150 with 2GB of GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- 15.6-inch Full HD Display with Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 256GB SSD
- NVMe SSD Slot
- Harman Infinity Speakers
- Windows 10
The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro is priced as follows:
- Core i5 with 8GB of RAM – Around $840
- Core i7 with 8GB of RAM – Around $940
- Core i7 with 16GB of RAM – Around $1,030