HTC is the latest manufacturer to join the 18:9 contest with the U11+. Basically, it’s the U11 with a more eye-candy face.
Up front is a 6-inch Quad HD+ Super LCD6 Display protected by Gorilla Glass 5. Being a flagship grade device, the U11 has been fitted with no less than a Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor, and is available in two RAM and Storage configurations: 4GB/64B and 6GB/128GB.
HTC isn’t entering the dual cam race with this device, as the U11+ sports a single 12MP UltraPixel 3 camera with OIS and 4K video recording with Hi-Res audio. The 8MP front camera is also capable of 1080p video recording.
The U11+ runs on HTC Sense on top of Android 8.0 Oreo, and packs a 3,930mAh battery that is compatible with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0. Other features include Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Cat. 15 LTE support, and IP68 certification for water resistance. No headphone jack here.
The HTC U11+ comes in three colors: Ceramic Black, Amazing Silver and Translucent, and will retail for €799 in Europe, with selected markets to follow, except North America.
HTC U11+ Specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core Processor
- 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage expandable via microSD card
- 6-inch Quad HD+ Super LCD6 Display with Gorilla Glass 5
- 12MP UltraPixel 3 Rear Camera, f/1.7, OIS, 4K Video Recording
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0, 1080p Video Recording, 85° Field of View
- Fingerprint Sensor
- IP68 Certification for Water Resistance
- HTC Sense on top of Android 8.0 Oreo
- 3,930mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0