The much anticipated OPPO F7 has just been launched in India, and confirms most of what the rumors have told – A Helio P60 SoC, and a 25MP AI-Assisted Selfie Camera, plus more.
The F7 features 6.23-inch FHD+ display with a 19:9 aspect ratio, along with a notch that houses the front-facing camera and other sensors. It comes in 4GB or 6GB of RAM, and 64GB or 128GB of storage.
The 25MP front camera is HDR capable and also features the same AI Beautification Technology used in the F5. That means it scans numerous points on your face to determine how you should be “beautified”. You can also use it to unlock the phone with facial recognition. The 16MP rear camera is also capable AI-capable, can detect and adapt to up to 16 scenes, and also features Portrait Mode.
Now, there’s Vivid Mode, which should make colors look more saturated, if that’s what you prefer. It also features AR Stickers, which you know.. puts those dog and cat ears or whiskers and the like on your face.
The F7 runs on the new ColorOS 5.0 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo, and packs a 3,400mAh battery. No VOOC support, but with AI-assisted battery management. The 4GB variant will retail for around €273 (around PhP17,000), while the 6GB variant is at around €336 (around PhP21,000).
The OPPO F7 is scheduled to launch locally this April, and has already been spotted in ads, revealing Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto as its product ambassadors.
OPPO F7 Specs:
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of storage expandable via microSD card
- 6.23-inch FHD+ 19:9 Super Full Screen Display
- 16MP rear camera, AI-Assisted Scene Detection, Portrait Mode
- 25MP front camera, Sony IMX 576, f/2.0, HDR, Vivid Mode, AR Stickers, AI Beauty Technology 2.0, Facial Recognition
- Fingerprint Sensor
- ColorOS 5.0 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3,400mAh battery with AI battery management
- 64GB Variant – Solar Red, Moonlight Silver, Diamond Black
- 128GB Variant – Solar Red, Diamond Black