Throughout the years, Sony has become a household brand when it comes to TVs. And as testament of its continuous pursuit of innovation, the company has recently launched its newest television series, the Sony Bravia OLED A9F, to bring an unparalleled visual experience through multiple proprietary technologies and solutions It’s in fact, considered as the MASTER series, a name that Sony reserves only to its highest picture quality TV models.
Professional grade picture quality
The A9F MASTER Series is equipped with the newly-developed next-gen picture processor, the X1 Ultimate, which can smartly detect and analyze each object in the picture through Sony’s new Object-based Super Resolution for unmatched accuracy and detail. The Object-based HDR remaster has been updated and now allows each object to be remastered individually, which in turn results to improved depth, accurate texture, and a more realistic picture.
Sony is also introducing Netflix Calibrated Mode, which is specifically developed to mirror the same picture quality as a studio evaluation master for television would. It’s also made ready for CalMAN, an industry-leading calibration software from Portrait Displays.
Innovation in TV picture, sound and design
The A9F Master Series also comes with the Pixel Contrast Booster, Sony’s original panel controller for OLED which maximizes dynamic range by widening the area of color reproduction at high brightness. The result – pictures with enhanced detail and texture.
The improved Acoustic Surface Audio+ features an additional actuator in the center of the screen, plus an extra subwoofer channel. The additional center actuator acts just like center speakers hidden behind an AT (acoustically transparent) screen which are found in movie theaters. There’s also TV Center Speaker Mode, which allows Acoustic Surface Audio+ to be used as the center speaker of a home theater system.
The TV also comes with Android 8.0 and the Voice Search Function. Using built-in microphones, it allows users to easily find what they want just by speaking to the TV. No need for complex navigation or tedious typing.
Key Features of the MASTER Series A9F (65” model) 4K HDR OLED TV:
- OLED as display device with Pixel Contrast Booster. 8 million self-illuminating pixels and a Sony-original panel controller for OLED brings a significantly enriched visual experience with unprecedented black, authentic color, and a wide viewing angle.
- The X1 Ultimate Picture Processor provides the ultimate quality for 4K HDR viewing experience with Object-based Super Resolution, Object-based HDR remaster, Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR, and Dual database processing.
- Acoustic Surface Audio+ creates a rich sound field delivered from three actuators and two subwoofers facing sideways, greatly enhancing the viewing experience.
- Netflix Calibrated Mode brings the creators’ vision directly to the TV.
- Supports CalMAN’s professional-grade calibration.
- Vibrant, expanded color with TRILUMINOS Display, further enhanced for color accuracy.
- Android TV 8.0 Oreo Operating System includes Android TV with Hands-free Voice Search to find what you want by simply talking to the TV via built-in microphones. Ask it to help you play TV shows, movies, and more.
- Styled with minimalism: the screen has a single slate with only a stand in the back to hold it up.
The A9F Master Series television will be available in the Philippines from September. For more information, you may visit the Sony Philippines website, or Follow Sony Philippines on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.