SanDisk has officially introduced their 1TB microSDXC UHS-I microSD card along with the 512GB variant. This is the highest capacity microSD card in the world.
The microSD card also meets the Application Performance Class 2 (A2) requirements which help launch and load apps faster. Western Digital said it has achieved this speed leveraging its proprietary technology. The bigger capacity and faster speed will help users enjoy immersive virtual reality apps or capturing 4K footage on a smartphone or drone without any issues.
Other specs of the SanDisk Extreme 1TB/512GB microSDXC card:
• Read speed of up to 160MB/s
• Write speed of up to 90 MB/s
• A2 spec allows the card to manage random read input-output access per second (IOPS) of 4000 and write IOPS of 2000
• Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class (V30) ratings
• 400GB microSDXC card allows storage of up to 10 hours of Full HD video
• RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software download makes it easy to recover files that have been accidentally deleted.
• Waterproof, temperature proof, shockproof, and X-ray proof.
The SanDisk Extreme 512GB microSD is priced at USD 199.99 (about PHP 10,393.58) and the 1TB version costs USD 449.99 (about PHP 23,386.21). Both will be available starting in April 2019.