A few days prior to the Philippine launch of the OPPO Reno Series, the company hosted a workshop to introduce the design concept of its newest product lineup.
One of the most notable characteristics of the Reno series is the Panoramic screen along with the unique pivot rising camera design that only activates when taking a selfie, unlocking the device, or when using flash on the rear camera.
Knowing that phones are no longer used just for communication, but also as entertainment devices, OPPO introduced a wide display screen with the Find X, and now with Reno achieving an astonishing 93.1% screen-to-body ratio. This in turn results to an immersive viewing experience like no other.
- Central Axis – The back cover of the F11 Pro and Reno follows the art of balanced beauty. The camera for instance is also perfectly aligned with the text and OPPO Logo on the same axis. This is inspired by some of the infamous architectural icons such as The Louvre in France, and the Taj Mahal in India.
- Gradient Color Selection – The meticulous use of color is also a key element in OPPO’s design. From partial monochrome gradients, to overall body gradients, from double to triple gradient colors.
- G3 Curved – The F11 and Reno series are both particularly crafted for a better hands-on experience, especially for young people can enjoy watching videos and playing games for long hours without their hands hurting.
- Borderless Design – OPPO pushes the limit to eliminate the bezels as much as possible, for optimal full-screen viewing. As for software, OPPO’s ColorOS 6 is optimized and designed to compliment the full screen experience.
Behind the scenes: OPPO’s founder and its design philosophy
“All OPPO’s products should be exquisitely designed artworks with styles.”
– Tony Chen, OPPO CEO and Founder
To continue the founder’s vision of smartphones not just being devices but also pieces of art, OPPO has set up a team of over 100 industrial designers based in Shenzen, Shanghai and London. When OPPO decides on creating a new smartphone, these teams will break up into small groups and brainstorm to come up with various proposals for internal competition.
Then, to work with structural engineers from OPPO’s in-house factories and the supply chain in synergy to bring the chosen concept to life. Beauty always takes precedence over everything during the whole process. To ensure the customer’s peace of mind, the product must pass over 130 rigid quality tests.
With the Reno series, OPPO aspires to be the artist of the smartphone industry, bringing more creative products to the young people, inspire everyone, and explore further and envision a brighter future.
Check out our EIC, Gian’s interview with Sophia Xie, an Industrial Designer from OPPO.
We got the chance to interview Sophia Xie, the industrial designer of OPPO, and she revealed interesting things about the design of OPPO Reno and Reno 10x. Watch our exclusive interview. #FurtherYourVision #OPPOReno #60xZoom
Posted by Gadget Pilipinas on Monday, 17 June 2019