Today, we’re doing a quick specs comparison between two entry-level smartphones. On one side is the realme C2, a phone that improves on its predecessor and aims to have the same if not a higher degree of success. On the other is the most affordable of Samsung’s Galaxy A-Series, the Galaxy A10.
Both devices were announced early this year, are at the PhP6,000 to PhP7,000 price range, and offer seemingly decent specs for their cost. Do note that whatever we choose here would be our personal preference. In the end you have to evaluate which device fits your needs more. This is also a no deep-dive comparison, so we’ll just be plainly comparing the specs.
|Realme C2||Samsung Galaxy A10|
|Display Size||6.1, HD+, IPS LCD||6.2″, HD+, IPS LCD|
|Display Resolution||720 x 1560||720 x 1520|
|Screen Protection||Gorilla Glass 3||Not Specified|
|Processor||Helio P22 (Octa)||Exynos 7884 (Octa)|
|GPU||PowerVR GE8320||Mali G71 MP2|
|Card Slot||Up to 256GB||Up to 512GB|
|Rear Camera||13MP (f/2.2) + 2MP (f/2.4)||13MP (f/1.9)|
|Front Camera||5MP (f/2.0)||5MP (f/2.0)|
|OS||Android 9 + ColorOS 6 Lite||Android 9 + Samsung One UI|
|Price||PhP5,990 (3GB + 32GB)||PhP6,990|
- Realme C2 has a smaller display, but has a better screen to body ratio, and you get more pixels than the A10 (If that even matters to you). You also get Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Realme C2’s Helio P22 is clocked higher at 2.0GHz compared to the A10’s Exynos 1.6GHz.
- Galaxy A10 on the other hand, has 6 High-Efficiency cores clocked at 1.35GHz, which may help in preserving battery life.
- In gaming, Galaxy A10 has an advantage in GPU as the Mali G71 MP2 outperforms the PowerVR GE8320 on the realme C2 in most games. The difference however may be offset by the Galaxy A10’s 2GB of RAM compared to the realme C2’s 3GB.
- Realme C2 has more RAM, which means you can run more apps simultaneously, and it should be compatible with more apps in general.
- Both devices come with 32GB of storage by default, but the Galaxy A10 can accommodate a higher capacity memory card.
- Having more cameras don’t always mean it’s better as proven by the Google Pixel, but without diving deep into the software side, we’ll give this one to the realme C2.
- Both run on Android Pie. The skin on top is a personal preference. (If it’s just looks, I’d personally go for Samsung’s UI)
- Realme C2 has a larger battery, but that doesn’t mean it outright beats the Galaxy A10. Still, no deep dives here, so we’ll give it the point.
- Price. Yes, of course. Let’s just say there’s a PhP500 peso difference between you getting more RAM and most likely a better camera. But at the same time, that difference might also mean a better gaming experience.
Without any deep dives into actual camera and game performance – both phones can actually trade punches with each other all day.
Get the realme C2 if:
- You want a better display
- You want better camera performance
- You want better battery life
- You run a lot of apps at the same time
Get the Galaxy A10 if:
- You want a slightly better gaming experience
- You want a better looking UI
- You don’t run a lot of apps at the same time