In an effort to bring a seamless and immersive listening experience to more users, Spotify introduces Spotify Lite – a small, fast, and simplified version of the Spotify app that still gives you access to its core features, while maintaining a very small file size.
Just because it’s “Lite” doesn’t mean it’s much less than the standard app. It still lets you access core features like searching for artists and songs, saving them, sharing them with others, discovering new music, and enjoying playlists made for you, but with a few extra features making it ideal for older devices and operating systems.
Spotify Lite is just a 10MB download, which makes it quick to install and load. You can even set a data limit and get a notification when you reach it. It also lets you control your cache and clear it with a single tap.
Here are the most important Spotify Lite facts:
- Small and fast – only 10MB in size
- Data friendly – useful when the network is patchy or when you’re struggling with internet on-the-go, or if you’d just prefer not to spend too much mobile data
- Download the Spotify Lite app separately – available for both Free and Spotify Premium
- Can be used either alongside or independently from the main Spotify app on Android devices running 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or higher
- Available on Google Play’s 36 markets – including Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, with more markets and features to follow
For more information, visit Spotify’s newsroom at For the Record.