Filipino talent can stand on par with the rest of the world and this up and coming game by Drix Studios and Keybol Games can possibly do just that.
Check out the official release date trailer for Grand Guilds:
Grand Guilds is a story driven turn based RPG that has some Fire Emblem feels to it while adding some interesting card combat mechanics. Drix Studios, the developers for the game, is proudly Pinoy based and their publisher Keybol Games are also Pinoy, making for a tandem that’s tough to bet against.
“Each playable character in Grand Guilds has unique mechanics and abilities”, says Justin, founder of Drix Studios. “They even shout out their actions in combat and express their feelings during dialogues”.
Grand Guilds highlights the following features based on their website:
- Turn-Based Strategy -- Learn and master the fundamentals of tactical combat. Positioning and terrain will mean the difference between victory and defeat.
- Card Combat System -- A diverse set of skill cards will form the abilities of your units, making every turn more dynamic and each decision more important and meaningful.
- Deck Building -- Tailor each character to your playstyle by customizing their skill decks. Obtain powerful new abilities by completing quests or leveling your characters.
- Guild Quests -- Embark on challenging, procedural missions that yield exciting rewards. Increase your guild’s reputation to earn bonuses that will aid you in combat.
- Diverse Cast -- Each playable character has unique mechanics and abilities that enable them to fill various roles in your squad such as tank, support, and damage dealer.
- Epic Narrative -- Unravel the mysteries shrouding Irin, a continent on the brink of war. Follow Eliza and her companions as they journey through this vast, magical world.
- Voice Acting -- Characters shout out their actions in combat and express their feelings during dialogue using short phrases.
With a $30,000 kickstarter campaign that only needed to hit $12,000, suffice to say that Grand Guilds has quite a following that is eagerly waiting for its eventual release in a couple of weeks.
Pre-orders go up on the US eShop on March 18 and if you choose to purchase it early, you’ll get a 10% discount!
Grand Guilds will retail for $19.99 for both the Switch and Steam versions, which is relatively cheap considering how the game is looking! It helps that the team behind it are Filipinos too and supporting local talent will only result in better homegrown products which we can be truly proud of. PS4 and Xbox One versions will follow suit.
Mark your calendars, March 26 is going to be good. With that, we’ll leave you with some screenshots of the game!