Pru Life UK is now offering a free insurance specific to COVID-19 for free (with coverage for 45 days) via their app, PULSE. Grab it while it’s available! It’s only for the first 500,000 people who will sign up! You can get this free offer from the insurance company until May 13, 2020 only.
According to the website, Pulse, is a first-of-its-kind health app that provides 24/7 real-time health information. We installed and looked at the app and it shares some likeliness to PhilamLife’s Vitality app. Pulse, on the other hand, offers more to its users like Symptom Checker and Wrinkle Index. The app is rad, and we encourage you to check it out.[Google Play Store] [App Store]
Its latest addition to the app is the direct link to users’ ability to apply for a free COVID-19 and Personal Accident Coverage. We tried it and it took us less than 5 minutes to register for the free insurance and designate a beneficiary.
The coverage provides the following:
|Base: Personal Accident (PA)
Note: If insured is a Health Worker, Benefit for Death due to COVID-19 is Php 200,000.
In addition to this, you need to take note of the restrictions stipulated in the contract:
Your COVID-19 benefit amount shall NOT be paid if the insured:
- Has been diagnosed with or already has signs or symptoms of COVID-19 at the time of registration; or
- Was under Mandatory Quarantine 14 days immediately prior to the date of registration; or
- At the time of registration, is residing in the same address with any person: (a) under Mandatory Quarantine at home, or (b) being recommended by doctor to undergo COVID-19 diagnostic test, or (c) awaiting the result of COVID-19 diagnostic test; or
- On or after the registration date, is under Mandatory Quarantine due to entry into Philippines from places outside Philippines; or
- On or after the registration date, is residing in the same address with any person under Mandatory Quarantine due to entry into Philippines from places outside the Philippines; or
- On or after the registration date, is diagnosed with COVID-19 outside the Philippines.
For the insurance savvy, the insurance is covered under group policy under EON (Events Organizer Network), Inc. If insured dies because of COVID-19, and terms and conditions have been met, the beneficiaries will receive PhP100,000 and additional PhP10,000 for burial benefit. If, however, the insured dies because of COVID-19, and he/she works as a Health Worker, the beneficiaries will receive PhP200,000 + additional PhP10,000 for burial benefit.