Sony has officially announced a new lightweight, compact digital camera ZV-1. The camera was designed for casual video shooters built with easy-to-use features along with uncompromising imaging technology.
The Sony ZV-1 stands in at 294g and at 105.5mm x 60mm x 43.5mm. Yup, compact indeed.
The camera packs a 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip. In addition, it also has a 24-70mm F/1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario Sonnar T large-aperture lens that allows the subject to stand out from the background. It also packs the latest-generation BIONZ X image processor with LSI delivering a combination of low noise and high resolution for better image quality.
It has the unique distinction as the company’s first compact camera with a side-opening Vari-angle LCD screen.
The camera has a new Face Priority autoexposure function that detects and prioritizes the subject’s face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is at an ideal brightness in any environment. This would come in handy when walking under the sun and suddenly move into a dimmer location like shade or maybe from outdoors to an indoor event.
Because it is built for casual video shooters, the onboard mic is able to deliver. It features Sony’s latest Directional 3-capsule mic which is designed for forward-directional audio capture. In addition, the ZV-1 also features a standard 3.5mm jack and a Multi Interface Shoe which makes it easy to support a wide range of external microphones.
The ZV-1 features advanced image stabilization when recording videos in both HD and 4K using Optical SteadyShot modes. Both modes are said to be more stable up to 11 times on HD and up to 8 times than that of standard SteadyShot.
Other features include:
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning in high bit-rate XAVC S codec.
- Industry-standard 3.5mm microphone input
- Hybrid Log-Gamma (HDR) / S-Gamut3.Cine / S-Log3, S-Gamut3 / S-Log3
- Interval Shooting for stunning time-lapse videos
- Super Slow Motion recording at up to 960fps
- Compatibility with ‘Movie Edit add-on’ from the “Imaging Edge” mobile application for image stabilization while editing Highlight ability to edit aspect ratios for IG etc.
For more information, click here.