ASUS recently announced its new lineup of ROG Strix and TUF Gaming AMD Radeon 6000 Series graphics cards, powered by the RDNA 2 GPU gaming architecture that brings a new era of Radeon graphics power. ASUS engineers have worked hard to make sure that these cards deliver high performance, low temperatures, and low noise.
The ROG Strix LC Radeon RX 6800 XT puts a big chill on Big Navi
The ROG Strix LC Radeon RX 6800 XT combines the power of liquid and air cooling out of the box. It’s designed from the ground up with a custom liquid cooling module specifically tailored to the needs of the graphics card.
- Uses large cold plates to cool the GPU die and the GDDR6 memory modules. Heat from these components is transferred directly into the liquid cooling loop rather than into the cases’ internal environment.
- A 240mm radiator delivers the perfect balance between high cooling potential as well as broad compatibility with the mounting points in today’s PC cases.
- A low-noise blower fan and low-profile heatsink within the shroud ensure that the power delivery circuitry remains cool.
- Uses 600mm coolant hoses to allow for more mounting options in a case, even in EATX enclosures with cavernous interiors. Hoses are also sleeved in textile webbing.
- Two custom 120mm radiator fans optimized for both high CFMs and static pressure keep air moving through the closely packed fins of the heat exchanger.
- Onboard FanConnect II headers can be connected to a pair of system fans, allowing the connected fans to respond directly to changes in GPU or CPU temperatures.
The ROG Strix RX 6800 flies high with a full complement of ROG innovations
AMD also announced the Radeon RX 6800 with an aim of bringing ‘Big Navi’ performance to more mid-range systems. The ROG Strix version of the RX 6800 comes decked out with all the latest ASUS advancements for air-cooled graphics cards.
- Massive 2.9-slot heatsink effectively transfers heat away from the GPU silicon with the use of multiple heat pipes and a MaxContact base plate that increases the surface area for improved heat transfer.
- Latest Axial-tech design pushes plenty of airflow through the heatsink’s dense fin array while minimizing noise.
- Notched barrier rings on the outer fans, higher blade counts, and a counter-rotating fan ensure that airflow is directed to the hottest parts of the GPU cooler within only minimal interference from unwanted turbulence.
- Custom short PCB facilitates a ventilation cutout in the full-length backplate of the cooler, providing more room for heat to exit the GPU and enter the case’s airflow path.
TUF Gaming pairs sturdy and stealthy designs with the RX 6800 XT and RX 6800
- Both feature a 2.9-slot heatsink for plenty of thermal headroom and quiet operation under the demands of today’s highest-wattage GPUs.
- Air is propelled through a high surface area heatsink using three Axial-tech fans. The central fan rotates clockwise while the other two spins counterclockwise to reduce turbulence while allowing for higher RPM and movement of air through the heatsink without a corresponding increase in acoustic footprint.
- An angular aluminium shroud with a rugged new industrial design wraps around the heatsink to suggest a sense of purposeful performance.
- Full-length aluminium backplate adds a touch of style
- Large ventilation cutout ahead of the short custom PCB provides another route for hot air to enter the case’s airflow path.
- Auto-Extreme assembly technology used across the lineup precisely placed and solders components without human intervention to boost reliability and build quality.
- 144-hour testing regime and extra-sturdy capacitors ensure out-of-the-box reliability and a long service life.
- Users can personalize the card to match the rest of the system using the onboard Aura RGB LEDs.
For information on pricing and availability, stay tuned to ROG‘s local Facebook page.