Smart Communications, Inc. (Smart) gives you a chance to rally behind our Gilas Pilipinas Men’s National Team for this week’s leg of the 2021 FIBA Asia Qualifiers beginning later at 9 PM, Philippine time.
Iran and Qatar open the competition in the first game at 9 PM. Meanwhile, Gilas debuts its 2021 lineup against South Korea on June 16 at 6 PM.
“Filipino basketball fans like myself have waited a long time for this, and we are just as excited to have international basketball in our country again. We know at Smart that physical homecourt support is still not possible at this time, but we can maximize our virtual homecourt advantage by rallying behind our national team online.”
Alfredo S. Panlilio, PLDT Inc. and Smart Communications President and CEO
The Philippine team will also face Indonesia on June 18 at 6 PM before closing out against South Korea on June 20 at 3 PM.
“We made sure that the game we all love makes it to the palm of every Smart subscriber’s hand. This, of course, is made more special because we finally get to see our very own Gilas Pilipinas play for flag on the world basketball stage once again,” added Panlilio, who is also the President of Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP).
Here’s a full schedule of the FIBA Asia Qualifiers that will be streamed via gigafest.smart:
- June 12 – Iran vs Qatar (9 pm);
- June 13 – Hong Kong vs Guam (9 pm);
- June 16 – Japan vs China (2:30 pm) and Philippines vs South Korea (6 pm);
- June 17 – South Korea vs Indonesia (2:30 pm) and Chinese Taipei vs China (6 pm);
- June 18 – Japan vs Chinese Taipei (2:30 pm) and Philippines vs Indonesia (6 pm);
- June 19 – China vs Japan (2:30 pm) and Thailand vs South Korea (6 pm);
- June 20 – Indonesia vs Thailand (11:30 pm), Philippines vs South Korea (3pm), and China vs Chinese Taipei (6:30 pm).
- Venue for the games will be the Clark Bubble in Pampanga.
Currently, the Philippines leads Group A with a 3-0 record followed by South Korea with a 2-0 record. Indonesia and Thailand are currently tied with 1-2 records a piece. Only two teams per group will advance to the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup in August to be hosted by Indonesia.
Stream FIBA Asia live via gigafest.smart
If you’re a Smart Prepaid subscriber, you simply turn on your mobile data and visit gigafest.smart on your browser to watch the show.
You can also register to Double GIGA Video 99 which gives you 2GB of data every day for YouTube, Cignal, iWant, and NBA League Pass, and 2GB of open access data for 7 days. To register, you can choose Double GIGA Video on the GigaLife App or dial *123# on your smartphone.
Smart Signature subscribers can also stream the show on gigafest.smart.